Guatemala and Honduras were awesome! They ancient Mayans have some pretty sweet ruins. On our first day in Guatemala I went to a coffee farm which was very interesting. I tried some coffee that I actually liked. Then we went out for dinner and I was the only one brave enough to order something on the menu that wasn't obviously put on it for tourists, and of course it was delicious. I got up very early the next day and went on a SAS trip to Copan, Honduras. We stayed over night in Copan, and I went horse back riding and the next day we saw the ruins. We returned to the ship that day also. Then I took y last exam on the ship and three days after leaving Guatemala (which was yesterday) we transited the Panama Canal. That evening we also had a prom like evening with a fancy dinner and then dancing afterward. I made my dress on the ship with material I got from India. There was supposed to be a fashion show but it got canceled. Oh well. Tomorrow is our last day. There is a convocation ceremony that the acapella group I am in is singing at. It should be fun. I am pretty much completely pack, and I can't believe all the stuff I had to pack. I hope I can get it all of the ship! I have been having the time of my life, but not gonna lie, I am excited to be almost done and can't wait till I am home! Next stop: Florida, USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
As my voyage comes to an end...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
HOooray!!! I'm so excited to see you!
ReplyDeleteWelcome home!
ReplyDelete