Friday, April 10, 2009

I'll be with you in "cherry" blossom time...

Japan was amazing.  The first day I walked around Kobe with some people, we got sushi and it was delicious.  Then me and a friend went back to the ship and went to the welcome reception on the ship.  Some Kobe University students came on the ship and showed us classical dance, Kendo, and origami.  Then we mingled and toured the ship.  That was fun.  The next day we went to Kyoto.  We were very lucky, cause we were in Japan during cherry blossom season!!!  It might have been the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.  I also saw two Geshias in full make-up.  Awesome!  After Kyoto me and my friend caught a bullet train to Tokyo.  When we got there we were welcomed by Noriko, our Japanese host for the rest of our stay in Tokyo.  The Next day she took us around Tokyo and then we went to a baseball game.  It was crazy and a lot of fun.  The next day we went to Electric Town and the Tokyo National Museum.  That evening we went to a Passover Seder through the JCC in Tokyo.  It was held at the American Embassy Compound.  It was a lot of fun.  The Haggadah was in English, Hebrew and Japanese, and we even had some Japanese read during the Seder.  It was awesome.  Plus the wine that they had was from the winery I went to in Israel.  I had my four glasses...  The last day Noriko took us around the area she lives in and then we navigated our way back to the ship in Yokohama.  All in all Japan was amazing!

We have a huge break from ports right now.  Nine days at sea.  We have four days of clas, a break for a day and then four days of class before we port in Hawaii.  Only 26 more days and I will be in Florida!!  How exciting!  Well until next time... Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. I am wondering how the Hot Dogs were at the ball game. I know the beer was good or did you have Sake.

    ReplyDelete