In case anyone was wondering, most of my blog titles are stolen from emails from my dad. Ok now that that is cleared up... Namibia. I loved Namibia. I would go back in a heart beat. I suggest that everyone go there sometime. Me and my friend went kayaking early in the morning on Sunday and it was awesome. We saw thousands of seals and some dolphins. It was a good workout, and a lot of fun. Then that afternoon we went to Swakopmund, which is about 20 miles away. We did a little shopping, though everything was closed, except the outside market and restaurants, and then we went to the Lighthouse Restaurant, which is supposed to have the best oysters in the world. I tried one of someone's who ordered them. It was cooked and had garlic and melted cheese on it, it was tasty. I had game!! Oryx to be exact. It was delicious. Then the next day I went on a seal and dolphin encounter, which is exactly what it was. Seals came onto our boat. I feed one, and got to pet them. It was super sweet. We also saw dolphins, a moon fish, pelicans and many gulls. I also ate a raw oyster and it was not tasty. I spent the rest of the afternoon walking around Walvis Bay. All in all it was a great experience. Now we are just hours away from South Africa! Here is my potential schedule for that...
Wednesday February 18: Botanical Gardens and a night at the theatre.
Thursday February 19: Cape Point and Cape Peninsula (aka PENGUINS!!!!)
Friday February 20: possibly going to Table Mountain... not quite sure whats happening that day.
Saturday February 21: hopefully... one day safari...
Sunday February 22: exploring Cape Town
That is the plan, and I am really excited for all of it. Especially if the Safari works out... which I am hopefully that it will. But we shall see. I just really want to see game... especially the big five. So fingers crossed. Anyway, time to sleep before fun in South Africa begins. Ciao.
Big Five? Lions and Tigers and Bears Oh My! Elephants Hippos and Giraffes Oh Boy! Where do the Zebras fit in?
ReplyDeleteSteve is there money is writing Blog Headers??? Kind of like old school jingles, headlines, greeting cards? :)
ReplyDeleteRachel .. the trip sounds awesome! I am slow with work today so I have just read all your post in one setting .. :) .. I will stay more current now I promise .. I can't wait to see your pictures! You are taking pictures right??? Lots and LOTS of pictures of everything!!!
What.....you don't like raw oysters....I will change your mind when you come home...just ask your Mom...if I remember correctly, she downed a few at the Guinness Oyster Fest a few years ago! N
ReplyDelete