Saturday, March 21, 2009

and tigers...

So Thailand.  This country was kinda my spring break in a way.  I did not do a whole lot of touristy things while I was here.  We explored a lot and such, but I didn't visit much, it was very low key.  But when you are visiting so many different places, I feel like you might need a bit of a break from the monotony of tours, so I took it in Thailand.  Don't get me wrong I love tours, but I had an amazing time in Thailand taking it easy.  It all started with a trip to the Tiger Zoo where I got to hold a baby tiger and feed it while a person took my picture.  It was pretty fabulous.  I also eat some McDonalds and it was the best I have ever had, except their coke, that is better in the states.  The next three days were spent in Bangkok where we went to Jim Thompson's house. He exported silks and made quite a name for himself and then disappeared.  Very interesting story, and he had a beautiful house and an exquisite art collection.  We also took a cooking class so get ready for some delicious Thai food when I get home...  The last two days we spent in Pattaya.  Pattaya is apparently known for its night life, which I was unaware of until we went there.  It is kinda like a low class Las Vegas, sans casinos and many more bars and clubs.  I maybe sang karaoke...  So that is basically it.  Thailand was beautiful, I loved it, and it was nice to spend one port kinda low key.  I still saw a lot, but also in a way I took it easy.  Not going to be the case in Vietnam, which we arrive at in the morning!  My schedule there is really quite full, and looks like this...

Sunday March 22 City Orientation of Ho Chi Minh City with include water puppet performance
Monday March 23 Mekong Delta Day Trip
Tuesday March 24 hopefully exploring the city and getting things tailored and/or made
Wednesday March 25 Cu Chi Tunnels and Cao Dai Temple
Thursday March 26 shopping around the city and picking up clothing before starting the journey to China

We only have two days between Vietnam and China so there will not be a lot of recovering time, especially since I have classes both of those days also.  Oh well. Just about six more weeks and I will be back in the states.  I miss everyone!!!!  Ciao.

1 comment:

  1. How do you make a puppet out of water? I just have to know.

    ReplyDelete