Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I am hungry... for INDIAN FOOD!!!!!!

I tried to post this last night, but apparently it did not work, so here it goes again...

So in just a few hours we will be pulling into port in India!! If you can't tell I am so very excited for the food. Everyone says that this is the port that you will get sick at. Well bring it on, I am ready.

So Mauritius... It was beautiful. Mark Twain was so right. I went snorkeling and on a catamaran. The water was beautiful, and so were the fish. We saw dolphins, though we didn't get to swim with them... We got back a little before we had to be on the ship, so we walked around a bit and explored the water front, which was basically two small shopping centers that were mostly closed. We did get to take water taxis which was a neat experience.

The day after Mauritius was the Sea Olympics. Apparently this happens on every voyage. Each deck is divided into seas and all the seas compete in different events through out the day. The events range from everything, human knot, pictionary, sudoku, mashed potato sculpting, and synchronized swimming to name a few. I didn't actually compete in any event, but I did help choreography the synchro act and was basically the manager of it (running errands and in charge of music and such). My sea didn't do so well in the competitions but we had a lot of spirit. All in all it was a pretty fun day!

Midterms were this week, well it isn't really a week, but they were around this general time area. There aren't really weeks on the ship, cause we have classes on "weekends". It keeps me busy, and on my toes, especially trying to figure out what day it is. But I know what day it is today, THE DAY BEFORE INDIA. Here is my India schedule:

Thursday March 5: Chennai City Orientation and a Welcome Reception
Friday March 6- Sunday March 8: Traveling to New Delhi and the Taj Mahal
Monday March 9: Exploring Chennai and going shopping

So that is what is up with me for the next few days. It is pretty exciting to go see the Taj, I will take lots of pictures. Next stop: Thailand (well technically Singapore but we can't get off the ship, it is just to refuel).

3 comments:

  1. I thought maybe you would enter either the Sudoku or Mashed Potato sculpture events.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eat some Indian food for me!! Soooo jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally forgot you had this...then remembered and was SO EXCITED TO READ IT ALL!!!
    I just caught up- and can't WAIT to hear about India.
    even with the sea sickness it sounds like you are having an amazing time!

    ReplyDelete