I get seasick. Very very very seasick. I spent today in bed, barley able to get to the bathroom. I tried to go to the dining hall to get some lunch, went into the bathroom to change and realized if I tried I was going to throw up. My roommate did smuggle me down a grilled cheese and some pretzels from the 7th deck bar area, but it was hard to eat from the rocking happening everywhere. We are stationary now, well at least at the port and docked, so I feel better.
We are finally in morocco but we cannot leave the ship until the morning. We got here at about 7:30pm. We were supposed to be here at 8am. The waters were to rough and we had to stay in Gibraltar over night. Well on the boat a few miles off the coast of Gibraltar. So the Casablanca city orientation I was supposed to go on was moved to Thursday, which means that I can’t go on it. Which is not good since I needed to go on it for a class. But it will all work out. I am still going to Fes so that is good. And I will have one day in Casablanca to explore.
Spain was amazing. It of course is a little overshadowed now by this last horrible day at sea and the fact we lost a day in morocco and I am missing a trip for one of my classes, but that is all pretty much in the past.
Spain was amazing. Everywhere I went was beautiful. I started in Cadiz, and walked around with some people. Then we went on a city orientation of Cadiz were we had a Spanish tour guide who walked us around and told us the history of the city. It is thought to be the oldest city in Western Europe. How awesome is that for an ancient civilization major? It was amazing, cathedrals, museums, the ocean. Stayed that night on the ship and in the morning went with sas (semester at sea) to Seville. Toured the city with them, saw the world’s largest gothic cathedral, and the alcazar, which is a palace still used by the royal family. Orange trees everywhere, it was beautiful. Had lunch in a local restaurant with the trip and had my first calamari, it was so tender you could cut it with a fork. Then me and another girl left the trip to meet up with other people in Seville. After we found them I went to Cordoba to stay the night in a hostel. Cordoba was beautiful. We went to the mosque, which is now a cathedral. We got in free cause the woman working at the hostel told us if we got in before 10am we didn’t have to pay, otherwise it was 8 euro. The reason it was free was because mass was going on, so not only did we get to see and amazingly beautiful building, but we got to listen to mass as we walked around. Then we explored the city and eventually got trains back to Cadiz via Seville. I then meet up with some other people and we explored more of Cadiz and got dinner. Then it poured and we got soaked. We stayed that night on the ship. The last day in Spain was sunny and perfect. We got breakfast and people watched at a cafĂ©. Then we wandered and saw the roman theatre among other things. We got the worst meal we have ever had, and then made up for it with an amazing bit of tapas. It was a great way to say goodbye (for now) to Spain.
And from me to you, the rain is Spain does not stay mainly on the plain. It mainly goes everywhere.
Besides the awful storm we just sailed through to get to morocco I know it is going to be amazing. Don’t any of you worry; I will look for Rick’s. Just so you know my plan for Morocco is:
Tuesday February 3: travel with sas to Volubilis and Fes
Wednesday February 4: Return with sas from Fes to Casablanca
Thursday February 5: Explore Casablanca before returning to the ship to depart for Namibia.
We have quite a few days at sea between Casablanca and Namibia so it will be back to classes and homework. And wearing a seasick patch, cause man do I need it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Man, just reading this post I'm starting to feel like Grimsby in The Little Mermaid. I'm so sorry you've been seasick so much. Spain sounds amazing! (nice joke). Have fun in Morocco tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteLOL, nice reference Sam. Rachel, again I say- super jealous, cannot wait to see pics. Hungry for tapas now! Hope you stayed away from the blood sausage though, lol ;)
ReplyDeleteHave fun in Morocco. Just remember that camels spit.
ReplyDeleteHey lady! Have a wonderful time in Casablanca... I miss you and stuff. If you keep getting seasick, try getting peppermint flavored chewing tobacco (I know... gross) and just hold it between your lip and your gum. (I know, gross).
ReplyDeleteCamels do spit, and it is icky.
love you.